Posted to api@openoffice.apache.org by Bernard Marcelly <ma...@club-internet.fr> on 2013/07/29 20:43:08 UTC

Backward incompatibility of System Mail API

Hi,
I compared the IDL references of Apache OpenOffice 3.4.1 and 4.0.0.

I found that these services are no longer present:
com.sun.star.system.SimpleCommandMail
com.sun.star.system.SimpleSystemMail

They are replaced by com.sun.star.system.SystemMailProvider.

This is not described in the AOO 4.0 Release Notes. I think it should be
indicated in the chapter "Changes that Impact Backwards Compatibility".

Regards
   Bernard

Re: Backward incompatibility of System Mail API

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 30/07/2013 Bernard Marcelly wrote:
> Hanya's page should be inserted or linked to in the official AOO 4.0
> Release Notes.

Done, linked through
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Extensions/Extensions_and_Apache_OpenOffice_4.0
which is reachable from the Known Issues.

And thanks Hanya for providing this resource!

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Backward incompatibility of System Mail API

Posted by Bernard Marcelly <ma...@club-internet.fr>.
Hanya's page should be inserted or linked to in the official AOO 4.0 Release Notes.

Regards
   Bernard

Message de Alexandro Colorado  date 2013-07-29 22:03 :

Posted by Tsutomu Uchino <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi

2013/7/30, Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>:
> Good link, this should be a blog post letting people know the changes as
> well as generate documentation to transition to the 4.0 API.
>
> My question here is this is the definite list or are there other's missing
> on the latest iterations?

I updated the list based on the difference between AOO34 and AOO400
branches today.
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/branches/AOO400/main/offapi
> ~/offapi.diff

- Tsutomu