Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Kishore Ohal <ki...@lrn.com> on 2016/10/04 15:26:11 UTC

Indexing issue in cluster

Hi ,
We have a course that we access on one node. However, when we copy the course from that node, the data gets created in MySql db.

Howeverm we can search that course only on one node and not on other node. Seems like the issue with search index on other nodes not working for that course.

How can I solve this issue

Regards,
Kishore

Re: Indexing issue in cluster

Posted by Clay Ferguson <wc...@gmail.com>.
Remember indexing is not synchronous. Indexing runs in the background in
JCR. So if you are writing a test case or something that inserts a node and
then searches for it immediately you may not find it, and that will be
correct behavior and not a bug. JCR is not like an ACID database where you
are guaranteed to find something via the index until the index gets
refreshed. This is my guess at the most likely reason you are seeing what
you expect. I'm just guessing. Tell us what API method you are calling, and
what you expected it to do, that it didn't do, if you want, and I can offer
more help.

Best regards,
Clay Ferguson
wclayf@gmail.com