Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Maki Watanabe <wa...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/25 06:04:05 UTC

cassandra-1.0.0 schema-sample.txt problems

Hello,  I'm writing CassandraCli wiki page draft (sorry to late,
aaron), and found 2 problems in schema-sample.txt shipped with 1.0.0
release.
cassandra-cli prints following warning and error on loading the schema.

WARNING: [{}] strategy_options syntax is deprecated, please use {}
a0f41dc0-feba-11e0-0000-915a0242929f
Waiting for schema agreement...
... schemas agree across the cluster
Authenticated to keyspace: Keyspace1
Line 3 => No enum const class
org.apache.cassandra.cli.CliClient$ColumnFamilyArgument.MEMTABLE_FLUSH_AFTER

In the schema it uses deprecated syntax on storage_options:
    strategy_options=[{replication_factor:1}]
which should be:
    strategy_options={replication_factor:1}

And it also uses obsolete column family argument
"memtable_flush_after" which prevents schema loading.

Those should be fixed in next release.

--
w3m

Re: cassandra-1.0.0 schema-sample.txt problems

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
I've removed conf/sample-schema.txt from the source tree; something
like that is better maintained in the wiki.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra