Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by oron ogdan <or...@netada.co.uk> on 2003/08/14 00:56:41 UTC

Intake empty / Boolean fields behavior

Hello

Using the turbine 2.2.1 nightly build / src of 13-8-2003, Field.java
setProperty is checking for isSet before setting the filed on the mapped
object
but for Boolean fields for example, or for empty String fields this would
not work,

Also found this in the code in line 410
            // this definition of not set might need refined.  But
            // not sure the situation will arise.
            if ( ss.length == 0 || (ss.length == 1 && ss[0].length() == 0) )

Anyone with a good patch / tip ?

Regards

Oron

www.netada.co.uk

RE: Intake empty / Boolean fields behavior

Posted by Colin Chalmers <co...@maxware.nl>.
Oron,

That's not entirely incorrect, but 2.3 is very_close_to_release and contains
numerous important fixes.
I wouldn't discount a 2.3.1 bug fix coming at some point, if needed, if I were
you I'd go for 2.3.

Colin

Hi Colin

Thx for the help, Can you or someone explain what's the best
approach for dev / production in your opinion ?

I was under the impression 2.2.1 was a more stable version and should be
used
for production.

Oron

If you're going to try a nightly build I would suggest looking at 2.3.
Amongst
other things it contains a number of patches for the IntakeService,
specifically
the problem you're experiencing now.

HTH

Colin