Posted to builds@apache.org by Mark Hindess <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2010/02/04 16:04:32 UTC

time/ntp on minerva

Hi,

The time on minerva is now out by almost five minutes.  I know there
were build problems previously when the time was out of sync so it might
be worth fixing it before it becomes a problem.

It was fixed previously by correcting the time manually.  However, the
real solution is to allow the machine access to some/all of the time
servers listed in /etc/ntp.conf so ntpd can do its job.

Regards,
 Mark.

Re: time/ntp on minerva

Posted by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com>.
On 04/Feb/2010 15:04, Mark Hindess wrote:
> The time on minerva is now out by almost five minutes.  I know there
> were build problems previously when the time was out of sync so it might
> be worth fixing it before it becomes a problem.

Done, I fixed the time for both minerva and vesta.

> It was fixed previously by correcting the time manually.  However, the
> real solution is to allow the machine access to some/all of the time
> servers listed in /etc/ntp.conf so ntpd can do its job.

Yep, and I don't see why ntp is unable to reach outside.  Likely the VMs
are running in a restricted environment, so I've asked Giri if he can
shed some light on it from a hosting pov.

Regards,
Tim