Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org> on 2004/12/09 05:04:22 UTC

unfinished business: links doctype

i took a look at the links doctype tonight.

it has a couple unfinished things that will make it a support issue if
we do not fix them before 1.2.1 or disable the links doctype:

* links menu is incomplete (no workflow features)
* links can only be edited in source editor

i would suggest to either finish these, or disable the links doctype for
1.2.1 to reduce support questions.

thoughts?

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
COO, Wyona       Content Management Solutions    http://wyona.com

Re: unfinished business: links doctype

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> Was the links doctype introduced after 1.2 has been released?
> If so, it's fine with me to remove it in 1.2.1 and schedule
> the complete feature for 1.2.2.

yes, in an effort to show that lenya can handle arbitrary xml. i would
suggest to just remove the sample links document (it triggers all the
problems i outlined), but leave the doctype definition etc in place.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
> i took a look at the links doctype tonight.
>
> it has a couple unfinished things that will make it a support issue if
> we do not fix them before 1.2.1 or disable the links doctype:
>
> * links menu is incomplete (no workflow features)
> * links can only be edited in source editor
>
> i would suggest to either finish these, or disable the links doctype for
> 1.2.1 to reduce support questions.

Was the links doctype introduced after 1.2 has been released?
If so, it's fine with me to remove it in 1.2.1 and schedule
the complete feature for 1.2.2.

-- Andreas

Re: unfinished business: links doctype

Posted by Rolf Kulemann <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 16:03, Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:
>
> > i took a look at the links doctype tonight.
> >
> > it has a couple unfinished things that will make it a support issue if
> > we do not fix them before 1.2.1 or disable the links doctype:
> >
> > * links menu is incomplete (no workflow features)
> > * links can only be edited in source editor
> >
> > i would suggest to either finish these, or disable the links doctype for
> > 1.2.1 to reduce support questions.
> >
> > thoughts?
>
> +1 to disable.

Same opinion here.

--
Rolf Kulemann

Re: unfinished business: links doctype

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004, Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> i took a look at the links doctype tonight.
>
> it has a couple unfinished things that will make it a support issue if
> we do not fix them before 1.2.1 or disable the links doctype:
>
> * links menu is incomplete (no workflow features)
> * links can only be edited in source editor
>
> i would suggest to either finish these, or disable the links doctype for
> 1.2.1 to reduce support questions.
>
> thoughts?

+1 to disable.

--