Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no> on 2018/01/24 16:38:29 UTC

TIP: apache karaf on debian, the easy way

Here's a HOWTO for how to install apache karaf 4.1.4 on a debian
GNU/linux system:
 https://steinar.bang.priv.no/2018/01/23/installing-apache-karaf-on-debian/

The installed karaf will run as user karaf, group karaf, listening to
the usual default karaf ports, be started with systemd, with KARAF_ETC
in /etc/karaf and KARAF_DATA in /var/lib/karaf/data.

Caveat emptor! I make no guarantees and promises etc. etc.! :-)

But I use this myself and I try to stay on the stable version (ie. it's
4.1.4 right now, and if there is a 4.1.5 I will make an APT upgradable
version for my own sake).

(And if someone wishes to take my debian package and run with it to
create an official debian package I will be very happy.  Here's the
Request For Packaging bug (RFP) for apache karaf in debian:
)

Re: TIP: apache karaf on debian, the easy way

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Steinar,

what do you think about proposing a PR to update the Karaf user-guide to mention
such package ?

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: TIP: apache karaf on debian, the easy way

Posted by Steinar Bang <sb...@dod.no>.

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
Hi Steinar,

Very good news !!

As user and fan of Debian distrib (laptop and server), I will try it
quickly :)

Thanks !

François

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.