Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Gary L Peskin <ga...@firstech.com> on 2001/02/26 17:59:31 UTC

Re: Release of Xalan 2.0.0 - Threading on Extensions

Marinus.Jansen@ubs.com wrote:

> Hi there
>
> We have just upgraded our use of Xalan to 2.0.0 and found that our code is
> broken due to the extensions now being processed in a separate thread.
>
> The reason for this is that we run in a servlet environment and need to pass
> some context through to the extension.
>
> We were doing this using thread context as there seems no way to pass a user
> context through to the extension.
>
> Do have any suggestions as to how we proceed ?  Or alternatively is there a
> forum where we should raise this issue ?  Or are we just doing something wrong ?
>
> Any help/light on the subject would be much appreciated.

The best place to post Xalan questions is on Xalan-dev.  That way,
everyone interested in Xalan can see it and someone may have a
solution.  I have taken the liberty of posting this reply there.

I don't understand what you mean when you say you're trying to pass a
user context through to the extension.  Can you post a working example
of your XSLT, XML, and Java code so that I can see what you're
describing?

Thanks,
Gary