Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Joel Cordonnier <jc...@yahoo.fr> on 2001/09/20 11:32:36 UTC

Slide / WebDav / Portal frameworks

Hi !

I'm a newbie with jakarta Slide, so I need help.

At the moment, I'm working on WepSphere portal server,
(that's quite the same as the JetSpeed framework, with
some bad proprietary deployment descriptor...bad :-( )

I have the following problem:

Suppose that you have a user, and that the user is log
in in a portal (JetSpeed, WwbSphere or other..).

For a registrated user, one functionality is that he
can upload images from his holidays. This imagines car
then be viewed by the other registrated user.

(it's for a 'Reise portal' ie. portal where you can
booking flight, car,...hotels rooms...)

Is the WebDav protocol, well adapted for this kind of
things ? i.e authoring, plublishing, versioning,...

Thanks for the help.

Joel