Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/04 13:23:05 UTC

[OT] Re: JasperReports problem

--- hns <ha...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This problem solved using done
> <package name="jasperrpt" extends="jasperreports-default" namespace="/">
> <action name="myJasperTest" class="com.mevipro.test.action.JasperAction">
>     		<result name="sucess" type="jasper">
>     			/jasper/our_compiled_template.jasper
> 				myList
> 				PDF
>     		</result>
>     	</action>
> </package>
> but it gives another error while executing action
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/digester/Digester

Include the digester library :|

Did you look at the required libraries for Jasper?

http://www.jasperforge.org/jaspersoft/opensource/business_intelligence/jasperreports/requirements.html

Dave

Re: [OT] Re: JasperReports problem

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- hns <ha...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> result type error undefined
>
> try {
>       JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(
>           "jasper/our_jasper_template.jrxml",
>           "jasper/our_compiled_template.jasper");
>     } catch (Exception e) {
>       e.printStackTrace();
>       return ERROR;
>     }
>     return SUCCESS;
>   }
>
> i could not understand why error come

Probably because there was an exception during your Jasper compilation, so
ERROR was returned, and you don't have a "error" result defined.

Posted by hns <ha...@yahoo.com>.
yes after understanding my mistake i have added
all commons-* .jar and got another error at
 <action name="myJasperTest" class="com.mevipro.test.action.JasperAction">
result type error undefined
because
i have

try {
			JasperCompileManager.compileReportToFile(
					"jasper/our_jasper_template.jrxml",
					"jasper/our_compiled_template.jasper");
		} catch (Exception e) {
			e.printStackTrace();