Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2010/07/03 02:05:19 UTC

Re: upload PDF using curl

: I am using Windows XP, curl 7.19.5, Solr 1.4.1
:
: the command is:
:
: curl http://localhost:8983/solr/update/extract?literal.id=doc1&commit=true' -F "myfile=@tutorial.pdf"
:
: I got error :
: HTTP Error:  400.  missing content stream.
: 'commit' is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

the first line is a bit comfusing -- but it's coming from solr, indicaitng
that it never got your file (aka: content stream)

the second line is coming from your shell, telling you it can't find a
command named "commit" to execute -- that's a dead give away that
something about how you are running curl in your shell doesn't like the
quotes you used arround the URL -- it's splitting on the "&" character.

i don't have a windows box to test on, but perhaps single quotes will work
better?

-Hoss

Re: upload PDF using curl

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
There should be a single-quote before the http:. Is this missing in
the command you tried, or is thus just a cut&paste error?

To see exactly what command lines the shell runs, do 'set -x'.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com