Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2018/07/20 19:48:50 UTC

[jenkins] How is asfMavenTlpStdBuild() defined?

Hi,

I was looking over the setup the Maven project has in Jenkins and I'd
like to understand and maybe copy it :-) I think it uses a Jenkins
library, as the Jenkinsfile only has a single code line

   asfMavenTlpStdBuild()

but I could not find any definition of a shared pipeline library in the
job definitions ( [1] ) and also a Github search did not yield any
sources.

Is there any documentation or other place where I can see how this is
implemented?

Thanks,

Robert

(Please keep me in CC, I'm not subscribed)

[1]:
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-box/job/maven-acr-plugin/configure

Re: [jenkins] How is asfMavenTlpStdBuild() defined?

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
I did a video series showing how this was developed:

Here’s a link to one of the episodes, you should be able to find the others
from this:
https://youtu.be/vfAzhVDxOOk

There are blog posts on cloudbees.com that have the video links and brief
summaries of each of the 12 videos.

HTH

On Fri 20 Jul 2018 at 23:15, Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> On 20/07/18 21:48, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was looking over the setup the Maven project has in Jenkins and I'd
> > like to understand and maybe copy it :-) I think it uses a Jenkins
> > library, as the Jenkinsfile only has a single code line
> >
> >    asfMavenTlpStdBuild()
> >
> > but I could not find any definition of a shared pipeline library in the
> > job definitions ( [1] ) and also a Github search did not yield any
> sources.
> >
> > Is there any documentation or other place where I can see how this is
> > implemented?
>

> The basic start point:
> https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/configure
>
> The references lib/env:
>
> Original GitBox:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-jenkins-lib.git
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-jenkins-env.git
>
> The following mirrors on github:
> https://github.com/apache/maven-jenkins-lib
> https://github.com/apache/maven-jenkins-env
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Robert
> >
> > (Please keep me in CC, I'm not subscribed)
> >

> > [1]:
> https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-box/job/maven-acr-plugin/configure

Sent from my phone

Re: [jenkins] How is asfMavenTlpStdBuild() defined?

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2018-07-24 at 21:03 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On 24/07/18 15:04, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> > Hi Karl Heinz,
> >
> > On Sat, 2018-07-21 at 00:15 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote:
> > > Hi Robert,

> > > The basic start point:

https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/Maven/job/maven-box/configure

> > > The references lib/env:
> > >
> > > Original GitBox:
> > > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-jenkins-lib.git
> > > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-jenkins-env.git
> > >
> > > The following mirrors on github:
> > > https://github.com/apache/maven-jenkins-lib
> > > https://github.com/apache/maven-jenkins-env
> >
> > That should be enough to start, thanks a lot! One question - if I
> > read
> > the code correctly there is no provision to comment on pull
> > requests.
> > Is that correct? Do you plan to add something, given that you're
> > building based on GitBox, and not on Github?
>
> Yes you have read correctly that we don't do something releated to
> pull
> request via github.com ....
>
> This has several reasons ..See another thread on the DEV List:
> "Working
> with branches related to issue - Simplyfying work" (Stephen Connolly
> has
> written something about the reasons)...
>
> If I will can do that at the moment manually.. But I'm preparing a
> script to handle that in a more convenient way...

Thanks for the confirmation. We will probably go with a more Github-
centric approach, but the information you provided here will be very
valuable.

Best,

Robert

Re: [jenkins] How is asfMavenTlpStdBuild() defined?

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Robert,

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
Hi Karl Heinz,