Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Chitra Manjunath <Ch...@infosys.com> on 2013/07/30 08:00:48 UTC

NFS Shares

Hi All,

I have ESXI 5.1 host. I'm using Management server as NFS server, I created the NFS shares(primary and secondary). Now I logged into Hypervisor(VMware) host and execute the command "mount -t nfs <management-server-name>:/export/secondary /secondarymount"  getting mount not found error.

Please guide me on how to mount the NFS shares in ESXI 5.1 host.

Thanks & Regards
Chitra.M

Infosys e-mail system.

RE: NFS Shares

Posted by Chitra Manjunath <Ch...@infosys.com>.
Hi,

I tried with both IP address and with name. And also host is able to reach the NFS server(connection is perfect).

Getting "-sh: mount not found" Error.

Please try mounting  via IP address of management server and make sure that /secondarymount directory exists.

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Chitra Manjunath < Chitra_Manjunath@infosys.com<ma...@infosys.com>> wrote:

> Hi All,

> I have ESXI 5.1 host. I'm using Management server as NFS server, I

> created the NFS shares(primary and secondary). Now I logged into

> Hypervisor(VMware) host and execute the command "mount -t nfs

> <management-server-name>:/export/secondary /secondarymount"  getting

> mount not found error.

> Please guide me on how to mount the NFS shares in ESXI 5.1 host.

> Thanks & Regards

> Chitra.M

> **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer ***************** This e-mail

> contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for

> the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,

> please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message.

> Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or

> its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful.

> This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable

> precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you

> may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry

> out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment.

> Infosys reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all

> messages sent to or from this e-mail address. Messages sent to or from

> this e-mail address may be stored on the Infosys e-mail system.

Ashutosh Narayan

http://ashutoshn.wordpress.com/

Re: NFS Shares

Posted by Ashutosh Narayan <aa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: NFS Shares

Posted by Moovarkku Mudhalvan <or...@gmail.com>.
Chitra

  Have a Look at
http://communities.vmware.com/thread/418325?start=0&tstart=0

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Chitra Manjunath <
Chitra_Manjunath@infosys.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have ESXI 5.1 host. I'm using Management server as NFS server, I created
> the NFS shares(primary and secondary). Now I logged into Hypervisor(VMware)
> host and execute the command "mount -t nfs
> <management-server-name>:/export/secondary /secondarymount"  getting mount
> not found error.
>
> Please guide me on how to mount the NFS shares in ESXI 5.1 host.
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Chitra.M

> solely
> for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient,
> please
> notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you
> are not
> to copy, disclose, or distribute this e-mail or its contents to any other
> person and
> any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys
> has taken
> every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for
> any damage
> you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry
> out your
> own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves
> the
> right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from
> this e-mail
> Infosys e-mail system.

Thank You
Mudhalvan M.M, OCP 8i,9i,10g