Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Fischer, Oliver" <pl...@snafu.de> on 2003/02/04 22:37:18 UTC

Failed to compile XercesP on FreeBSD

Hello, I am trying to compile Xerces P on FreeBSD 4.7. After
running perl Makefile.PL and gmake (twice) I get always:

Makefile out-of-date with respect to Makefile.PL
Cleaning current config before rebuilding Makefile...
gmake -f Makefile.old clean > /dev/null 2>&1 || /bin/sh -c true
/home/plexus/data/binaries/5.6.1/bin/perl
"-I/usr/home/plexus/data/binaries/5.6.1/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-freebsd-thread-multi"
"-I/usr/home/plexus/data/binaries/5.6.1/lib/perl5/5.6.1" Makefile.PL
Using XERCES_LIB = /usr/local/lib
Using XERCES_INCLUDE = /usr/local/include/xercesc
Checking to see if libxerces is in your library path...Checking
if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Warning: Guessing NAME [XML-Xerces] from current directory name.
Writing Makefile for Handler
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lpthread
Success!!
Using Xerces-C version: 2.0.0
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Note (probably harmless): No library found for -lpthread
Writing Makefile for Handler
Writing Makefile for XML::Xerces
==> Your Makefile has been rebuilt. <==
==> Please rerun the make command.  <==
false
gmake: *** [Makefile] Fehler 1

Does someone know why it fails?

Bye

--
Oliver Fischer

--[ Oliver Fischer ]-[ plexus@snafu.de ]----------------

Re: Failed to compile XercesP on FreeBSD

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Fischer, Oliver" <pl...@snafu.de> writes:

> Hello, I am trying to compile Xerces P on FreeBSD 4.7. After running
> perl Makefile.PL and gmake (twice) I get always:
>

> Makefile out-of-date with respect to Makefile.PL

Sorry, I messed up the distribution. They all have dates in the
future. If you simply 'touch' all the files to update the timestamps
it should be fine.

jas.