Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Alan Gates <ga...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2008/10/18 02:14:15 UTC

Who's using pig

All,

As part of my talk at ApacheCon this year, I'd like to be able to
give a list of companies, universities, research labs, etc. that are
using pig.  If you use pig and can share that with the world, please
let me know.  Any information on what you use it for, how many jobs
you run per day/week/month, size of your clusters, etc. that you can
share would be helpful too.  Thanks.

Alan.

Re: Who's using pig

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Veoh Networks uses pig, but probably not in production right now.  The
cluster is about 30 machines, the use of pig is sporadic.

--
ted

Re: Who's using pig

Posted by Ian Theocharis Athanasakis <th...@thatha.org>.
My undergraduate senior thesis in Linguistics at Grinnell College uses
Pig. The cluster is about 60 lab machines (when unused).