Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org> on 2010/01/13 10:02:15 UTC

Fwd: [Foundations] Call for Participation Grace Hopper 2010

Anyone on this list interested in representing the ASF at a Women in
Computing Conference?

Ross

From: *BJ Wishinsky* <bjw@anitaborg.org <ma...@anitaborg.org>>
Date: Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:31 AM

The Call for Participation is now open for the 2010 Grace Hopper
Celebration of Women in Computing at
http://gracehopper.org/2010/participate/call-for-participation/

Key Deadlines:

   *   The deadline to submit proposals is March 16, 2010.
   *   Notifications on the submission status will be sent out by May 18,
2010.

Recommendations to anyone who wants to participate:

   1.  Your subject should not be something specific to your organization.
   2.  If you have a panel - it needs to span across organizations - not
5 people from the same company discussing an issue in their company.
Combining academics and industry or interdisciplinary discussions are great.
   3.  We are encouraging submissions that promote diversity and
International participation.
   4.  A submission in line with the theme of the conference
"Collaborating Across Boundaries" would be ideal.

Proposals are being accepted for:

*         Birds of a Feather (BOFs) Call for
Participation<http://gracehopper.org/2010/participate/call-for-participation/#BOF>

*         New Investigators Technical Papers Call for
Participation<http://gracehopper.org/2010/participate/call-for-participation/#NITP>

*         Panels, Workshops and Presentations Call for
Participation<http://gracehopper.org/2010/participate/call-for-participation/#PWPC>

*         PhD Forum Call for
Participation<http://gracehopper.org/2010/participate/call-for-participation/#PHDF>

*         Technical Posters Call for
Participation<http://gracehopper.org/2010/participate/call-for-participation/#TPCFP>

*         Technical Research Papers Call for
Participation<http://gracehopper.org/2010/participate/call-for-participation/#TRP>

Full details are at
http://gracehopper.org/2010/participate/call-for-participation/