Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by 史成荣 <ic...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/26 15:53:35 UTC

[drlvm][dynopt]about the opcode "Op_TauLdVTableAddr"

hi, all
Could anyone tell me what does "Op_TauLdVTableAddr" mean?

Thanks,
Chengrong

Re: [drlvm][dynopt]about the opcode "Op_TauLdVTableAddr"

Posted by George Timoshenko <ge...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I will try to explain. Colleagues, please correct me if I write smth. wrong.

Op_		- opcode
Tau		- this is not significant for understanding what the instruction does.
Ld		- load
VTableAddr	- the address of virtual table

So the instruction loads the address of the virtual table of the passed
object to the destination operand.

IRBuilder::genTauLdVTable(Opnd* base, Opnd *tauNullChecked, Type* type)

base		- the initial address of the object.
tauNullChecked	- the result of 'base' NullCheck.
type		- the type of the object (is used for examination if the object is
an interface or a usual class).