Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dirk Markert <di...@dr-markert.de> on 2003/11/04 10:25:32 UTC

Re[2]: validation not working

Hello Rajat,

RP> Dirk Markert wrote:

>> Hello,
>>

>> ***************************************************************
>>
>> RP> hello all,
>> RP> i have a form, which inputs a number of units. the problem is that in
>> RP> case of a validation error. the page does not return back to the form.
>> You want to return to updateProductForm.jsp? Does this jsp depend on
>> beans stored in request scope?

RP> yes itdoes depend on a bean stored in the request scope.
Then in you have to use an action as the input attribute of your
action mapping, ie not input="/pages/layouts/updateProductForm.jsp"
but something like input="/prepareUpdateForm.do". In this action prepare your
request and forward to your jsp.

Re: validation not working

Posted by Rajat Pandit <ra...@centergroupinc.com>.
hello dirk,
thanks a lot man!, i couldnt though follow ur advice, sinci i also had
to pass argument to the action. which is not possible in the <input... tag.
but i got the idea, it was becoz of the bean which iwas in the request
scope. i fixed it by saving it in the session scope.
now just got one more question. i somehow feel very guilty when is save
objects in the session scope. is there someone i can ensure that they
are effectively removed from the scope by the container itself. but any
programatic tips u might want to add?
thanks anyways man!!
rajatp

Rajat Pandit | rajatp@centergroupinc.com