Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by mathew jimmy <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2000/11/17 07:01:03 UTC

[BUG]JSP include causes IllegalStateException

Hello
 I am using Tomcat 3.1 with IIS 4.0 on Windows NT 4.0
Pentium 233 MMX machine and JDK 1.3 .
 When I include a JSP file in another JSP file the
page does not come properly.
 It shows an 'IllegalStateException: Cannot forward as
OutputStream or Writer has already been obtained'.
 I have a file login.jsp which validates a user and on
successful login includes another JSP file depending
upon the type of user. The following error is reported

IllegalStateException: Cannot forward as OutputStream
or Writer has already been obtained

I couldnt find a workaround for this problem.

The same file i had been able to run on a win 98
machine with PWS 4.0 JDK 1.2.2 and Pentium Pro 200.

Please help me to solve this problem. Any help would
be appreciated.

http://calendar.yahoo.com/