Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Karen Lease <kl...@club-internet.fr> on 2001/03/06 00:16:30 UTC

Color keywords (foproperties.xml)

Hi (yet) again,

You may notice in the latest foproperties.xml the new line
 <extfile href="colorkw.xml"/>. It's really just an entity include
(&colorkw;), but I couldn't get Xerces to accept that when I was
testing. That was before the latest jar delivery and I haven't had a
chance to retest. But I've seen some strange Xalan/Xerces behavior in
the past with external entities. It seems like even if the parser is
happy, the DOM tree used by XSLT isn't (there doesn't seem to be any
"public" way of making it not create the extra EntityReference node).

At any rate, extfile or entity, all the color keywords which are
recognized in the ColorType constructor are handled directly by the
Property value parser. I needed this to be able to parse the
"border-top" etc style shorthand properties. However I left the code in
ColorType for now, because I'm not sure whether SVG uses it. I know that
when I tried to get rid of the rgb parsing in ColorType it broke SVG.

That's the last message tonight :-)

Karen