Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Oussama Jilal <ji...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/24 12:31:33 UTC

Decommission a DataNode from a running Hadoop Cluster

Hello,

I need to decommission a datanode from a running cluster, my probleme is
that the "dfs.hosts.exclude" property was not set on either the
"hdfs-site.xml" nor the "core-site.xml", and since adding it requires an
HDFS restart (which I can't do). How do I decommission that datanode ?

Re: Decommission a DataNode from a running Hadoop Cluster

Posted by Oussama Jilal <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Seems like I was updating the "hdfs-site.xml" on the datanode I want to
decommission instead of the namenode. I added the exclude property in the
"hdfs-site.xml" on the namenode, executed the refresh command and it worked
without restarting the cluster... it is now decommissioning.

Please ignore my previous email.

Thank you.

Posted by Oussama Jilal <ji...@gmail.com>.
Hello,