Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Simone Leo <si...@crs4.it> on 2013/03/26 17:38:46 UTC

Pydoop: hotfix and Homebrew formula for Mac OS X

Hello Mac users!

We are happy to announce that Pydoop (http://pydoop.sourceforge.net) has
been included in the Homebrew Python Tap. You should now be able to
install on Mac OS X Mountain Lion as follows:

1. Manually install the Oracle JDK
2. Set JAVA_HOME according to your JDK installation, e.g., export
JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_17.jdk/Contents/Home/
3. Run the following commands:
   brew install boost --build-from-source
   brew install hadoop
   brew tap samueljohn/python
   brew install pydoop

The formula installs Pydoop-0.9.1, which fixes a build issue in Mac OS
X. Other OS's are not affected by this update.

As usual, we're happy to receive your feedback on the forum:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/pydoop/forums/forum/990018

Pydoop is a Python MapReduce and HDFS API for Hadoop, built upon the C++
Pipes and the C libhdfs APIs, that allows to write full-fledged
MapReduce applications with HDFS access. Pydoop has been maturing nicely
and is currently in production use at CRS4 as we have a few scientific
projects that are based on it, including Seal
(http://biodoop-seal.sourceforge.net), Biodoop-BLAST
(http://biodoop.sourceforge.net/blast), and more yet to be released.

Links:

  * full release notes: http://pydoop.sourceforge.net/docs/news.html