Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by A J <s5...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/14 18:28:08 UTC

Astyanax - build

Hi,
I am new to java and trying to get the Astyanax client running for Cassandra.

Downloaded astyanax from https://github.com/Netflix/astyanax. How do I
compile the source code from here it in a very simple fashion from
linux command line ?

Thanks.

Re: Astyanax - build

Posted by Philip O'Toole <ph...@loggly.com>.
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 12:28:08PM -0400, A J wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to java and trying to get the Astyanax client running for Cassandra.
>
> Downloaded astyanax from https://github.com/Netflix/astyanax. How do I
> compile the source code from here it in a very simple fashion from
> linux command line ?

I am relatively new to Java and Astyanax too, and created a set up for
exactly this purpose. You can learn what I did here:

http://www.philipotoole.com/bootstrapping-cassandra

Not the most elegant, but I wanted to get some stuff up-and-running quickly.

--
Philip O'Toole

Senior Developer
Loggly, Inc.
San Francisco, Calif.
www.loggly.com

Re: Astyanax - build

Posted by Philip O'Toole <ph...@loggly.com>.
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Hiller, Dean <De...@nrel.gov> wrote:
> I didn't need to compile it.  It is up in the maven repositories as we
>
> http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.netflix.astyanax/astyanax

Actually, yeah, that's what I ended up doing with my ghetto set up
too, but I did compile my examples programs at the command-line (as
opposed to using something like Eclipse). Pretty straightforward.

Re: Astyanax - build

Posted by "Hiller, Dean" <De...@nrel.gov>.