Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "S. K . Srinivasan" <sr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/28 22:29:51 UTC

browser refresh - calls more than one action

Hi,

In struts  I have action_class1 ( AC1 ) , action_class 2 (AC2)

>From AC1  , when user clicks button  , i insert a record and then i call AC2. ( I use findForward to call AC2 from AC1 )

In the JSP ( VIEW  ) of AC2 , when  user presses refresh  , the struts controller instead of calling just AC2 , it calls AC1 and then AC2 , leading to duplicate record.

When we do forward , Is there any way  to make controller to call only AC2 when the refresh on JSP of  AC2 is pressed.

I can not use Following ways

REDIRECT : I can not use Redirect as i am setting some param . Also i can not do a URL appending , since In Browser URL should not show form data as per our policy.

Synchornizing Tokens: There are lot of Action & JSP. Very Tough to implement.

Any suggestions.

regards,

srini sk

SMS using the Yahoo! Messenger;Download latest version.

Re: browser refresh - calls more than one action

Posted by Jing Zhou <ji...@netspread.com>.
Have you tried to use the HTML4 base tag?
The spec states that a document lacking a base element should
by default use the current document's URL as the base URL.
Of course, the current URL is something like /AC1.do in your
case. I guess in the JSP for AC2, you could put a base element
between the head with the attribute href="/AC2.do" (or something
like that)

It could introduce side effects in your JSP pages when using
the base element.

Jing
Netspread Carrier
http://www.netspread.com

Posted by "Bradley M. Handy" <bh...@arbor.edu>.
Your "redirect" attribute of your forwards is set to "false" (which is
the default value).  Try changing it to "true" for your AC1->AC2 forward
and see if that helps.

Brad

Bradley M. Handy		| Office: 517 750 6675
Programmer/Analyst	| Email: bhandy@arbor.edu
Spring Arbor University	|
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform