Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Nicolas Barrera <nb...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/19 15:53:17 UTC

How to disable blackbird in T5.1.0.5

Hello,

I 'm using Tapestry 5.1.0.5.

I 've read in this documentation page (
http://tapestry.apache.org/configuration.html) that there is a symbol for
enabling/disabling the blackbird console but it says "(in Tapestry 5.2 and
newer)".

Is there any way to disable it in Tapestry 5.1.0.5?

thanks.

Nicolás.-

Re: How to disable blackbird in T5.1.0.5

Posted by Cezary Biernacki <ce...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicolas,

It is definitely possible to disable Blackbird from Tapestry 5.1.0.5.
There are a few ways to do that.

One is to provide your own version of "blackbird.css"  (empty) and
"blackbird.js" (just with Tapestry.Logging defined with empty functions
or functions logging to console log) by providing a custom value to
'tapestry.blackbird' symbol.

Another option is to override ClientInfrastructure service with own
implementation that includes only required Tapestry script and styles
files. Again, you need also to provide custom implementation of
Tapestry.Logging javascript methods.

Best regards,
Cezary

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.