Posted to dev@corinthia.apache.org by Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org> on 2015/03/04 16:08:47 UTC

Welcome Gabriela

Hi Gabriela, now that you’re a committed on the project, I’d like to welcome you and thank you for the patches you’ve submitted so far. I appreciate the way you’ve asked questions whenever something’s been unclear, and I’m always happy to clarify things when desired :)

Once the memory allocation stuff is sorted out, what are you most interested in working on next?

We’re aiming to try and get something releasable in the not-too-distant future, but I think it would be good to see a functioning editor. I’ve also started doing a little bit of work on the infrastructure for the ODF filter, so this is also something that we need help with. Regarding both of these I’ll have some more commits and some notes/documentation sometime next week (very busy at work this week). Do either of these interest you in particular?

—
Dr Peter M. Kelly
pmkelly@apache.org

Re: Welcome Gabriela

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On 6 March 2015 at 09:35, Gabriela Gibson <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Peter Kelly <pm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi Gabriela, now that you’re a committed on the project, I’d like to
> > welcome you and thank you for the patches you’ve submitted so far. I
> > appreciate the way you’ve asked questions whenever something’s been
> > unclear, and I’m always happy to clarify things when desired :)
> >
> > Thank you all for inviting me :)
>

> > Once the memory allocation stuff is sorted out, what are you most
> > interested in working on next?
> >
> > We’re aiming to try and get something releasable in the not-too-distant
> > future, but I think it would be good to see a functioning editor. I’ve
> also
> > started doing a little bit of work on the infrastructure for the ODF
> > filter, so this is also something that we need help with. Regarding both
> of
> > these I’ll have some more commits and some notes/documentation sometime
> > next week (very busy at work this week). Do either of these interest you
> in
> > particular?
> >
> > I'm very happy to try assisting with either (and both) of those projects.

I am still looking forward to see you git commits :-)

You are doing great work on our wiki, thanks for that.

But more serious, I think what peter is also albeit indirectly asking, do
you prefer a big project which you handle with the help of us, or rather
smaller bites.

I could for sure also use help when I am a little bit further with DFedit,
I am sure we need to adapt the JS code....and there is only 1 language I
hate more than JS (it is Java), so here help would come handy.

rgds
jan i.

Re: Welcome Gabriela

Posted by Gabriela Gibson <ga...@gmail.com>.