Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Parmar, Dipakkumar" <dp...@cgmpsystems.com> on 2002/10/28 05:33:16 UTC

[JSTL] c:out and DynaBeanClass

Hello,

Obviously c:out tag doesn't work with DynaBeanClass and we haven't converted
bean:write to use EL syntax.  In this we do need to convert bean:write to
use EL syntax.

Deepak

Re: [JSTL] c:out and DynaBeanClass

Posted by flare <fl...@flare.it>.
 Note that
> DynaBeans aren't strictly JavaBeans (I believe), so it might be
> difficult to patch them into the JSTL.

JSTL supports dynabeans transparently

Tiles factory=''

Posted by Roland Carlsson <ro...@swetravel.se>.
Hi!
I get an error that I fails to trace to the source so I would appreciate if
anyone please could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance
Roland Carlsson

2002-10-28 15:45:39 action: Tiles definition factory loaded for processor
''.
2002-10-28 15:45:39 jsp: init
2002-10-28 15:45:35 StandardWrapper[:default]: Loading container servlet
default
2002-10-28 15:45:36 default: init
2002-10-28 15:45:36 action: init
2002-10-28 15:45:39 action: Tiles definition factory loaded for processor
''.
2002-10-28 15:45:39 jsp: init
2002-10-28 15:45:39 action: Tiles definition factory loaded for processor
''.
2002-10-28 15:45:39 jsp: init
2002-10-28 15:46:19 jsp: init
2002-10-28 15:46:20 StandardWrapperValve[jsp]: Servlet.service() for servlet
jsp threw exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Error - Tag Insert : No value defined for
bean 'definitionName' with property 'null' in scope 'null'.
        at
l.java:457)
        at org.apache.jsp.page$jsp._jspService(page$jsp.java:88)
        at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:107)
        at
org.netbeans.modules.tomcat.tomcat40.runtime.IDEJspServlet$2002-10-28
15:46:19 jsp: init

RE: [JSTL] c:out and DynaBeanClass

Posted by "Parmar, Dipakkumar" <dp...@cgmpsystems.com>.
sometimes I need to display field value from my DynaValidatorForm based on
user role and some criteria.

For example
<c:choose>
<c:when test="${user.Admin}">
</c:when>
<c:otherwise>
	<bean:write name="MyDynaValidatorForm" property="budget" />
</c:otherwise>

and sometimes
	<bean:write name="MyDynaValidatorForm" property="accountName" />
	<bean:write name="MyDynaValidatorForm" property="budgetSpend" />

Let me know if you have any workaround, right now I'm using normal bean
write tag. I have converted all struts tag to struts-EL tag (except
bean:write) and so far I don't have any problem.

My JSP files look so clean now.

Thanks
Deepak

Posted by "David M. Karr" <dm...@earthlink.net>.

    Dipakkumar> Hello,
    Dipakkumar> Obviously c:out tag doesn't work with DynaBeanClass and we haven't converted
    Dipakkumar> bean:write to use EL syntax.  In this we do need to convert bean:write to
    Dipakkumar> use EL syntax.

If you can describe a specific situation where porting the "bean:write" tag to