Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/05 10:54:12 UTC

Should we make the interface ClusterNode to extend Serializable?

Hi Igniters!

I've noticed that interface 'ClusterNode' doesn't extend
'Serializable', but at the same time its implementations are being
transferred across the network widely.

We have not faced the problem because of the most used implementation
'TcpDiscoveryNode' implemented 'Externalizable' that allows JVM to
delegate the serialization to the implementation.

I'd suggest making the interface ClusterNode to extend Serializable.

What do you think?

--
Best Regards, Vyacheslav D.

Re: Should we make the interface ClusterNode to extend Serializable?

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
Got it. I did not know about DiscoveryEvent.

Posted by Vyacheslav Daradur <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dmitriy,

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.