Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Li <am...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/11 06:53:02 UTC

JNDI, Hibernate, Tomcat

Hi all,

I am using JNDI context in my hibernate (factory lookup). Any one knows how
to setup JNDI for hibernate with tomcat.
(I know how to use hibernate with tomcat, but it doesnt work when i use JNDI
for my hibernate session factory lookup)

Regards

Li

Re: JNDI, Hibernate, Tomcat

Posted by Li <am...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew

Thanks for the reply.

I have no issue using hiberante with tomcat if I am using get hibernate
configuration without using JNDI.

Once I used JNDi for hibernate in order to get session factory. I have
problem that Tomcat can not find JNDI context for hibernate.

Do you have any idea on using JNDI for hibernate with tomcat? I was trying
to create an interceptor for JNDI context initialization. but not
successful.

Regards

Li

On 9/11/06, Andrew Stepanenko <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hello,
>
> we have a working tomcat + hibernate setup in our project. What error
> do you get?
> Post some logs.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Andrew Stepanenko,
> Software engineer,
> Ukrainian-Dutch Faculty of Economics and Management
> Ternopil State Economic University
> Shevchenko Street 9, Office 24-25
> Ternopil, 46000 UKRAINE
> Tel: +38 (0352) 43 52 41
> fax: +38 (0352) 43 52 45
> Web: http://unf.tane.edu.ua
>

> On 9/11/06, Li <am...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am using JNDI context in my hibernate (factory lookup). Any one knows
> how
> > to setup JNDI for hibernate with tomcat.
> > (I know how to use hibernate with tomcat, but it doesnt work when i use
> JNDI
> > for my hibernate session factory lookup)
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Li

When we invent time, we invent death.

Re: JNDI, Hibernate, Tomcat