Posted to dev@ranger.apache.org by Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org> on 2017/02/17 15:23:41 UTC

Plan on kicking off release - ranger-0.7 release on Monday (02/20/2017)

Just FYI:

I am planning to kick off the release of ranger-0.7 on Monday (02/20/2017).
I will review those patches that are requested to be merged to be ranger-0.7 today and tomorrow and send out note to the dev list.

Thanks,
Selva-

From:  Selvamohan Neethiraj <sn...@apache.org>
Date:  Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 10:53 AM
To:  <de...@ranger.apache.org>
Subject:  Prep for ranger-0.7 release ...

Rangers:

As we are planning to do a release of ranger 0.7 soon,  I would like to create a branch ranger-0.7 for stabilizing the release.
All of the fixes should go into the master which will track for our next major release (planning to call  it as 1.0.0 )  and if needed will get cherry-picked into ranger-0.7 release.

I am Volunteering  to be the release manager for ranger 0.7 release.

Please let me know if any of you have any concerns and/or suggestions  on the release process.

Thanks,
Selva-

Re: Plan on kicking off release - ranger-0.7 release on Monday (02/20/2017)

Posted by Colm O hEigeartaigh <co...@apache.org>.
Hi Selva,

Sounds good. Could you cast an eye on the following two review requests to
see if they are suitable for 0.7? IMO yes as they are bug fixes (and fairly
small in impact):

https://reviews.apache.org/r/56780/
https://reviews.apache.org/r/56280/

Colm.