Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Gianmarco <gi...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/03 17:04:07 UTC

Assertions

Hi all,
is there a way to enable Java assertions inside a map/reduce function?
I tried setting the -enableassertions switch in hadoop-env.sh using the
HADOOP_TASKTRACKER_OPTS variable but it didn't work.
I tried also setting a property in mapred-site.xml

<property>
  <name>mapred.child.java.opts</name>
  <value>-enableassertions</value>
</property>

but I get a "Java heap space" error.

Thanks,
Gianmarco

Re: Assertions

Posted by Mithila Nagendra <mn...@asu.edu>.
Gianmarco,

You might want to increase the heap size. It's a property that can be set:
try setting "mapred.child.java.opts" to  -Xmx1024M.

Mithila