Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Shawn Mahler <sh...@verdi.netcomputing.com> on 2000/05/04 03:27:12 UTC

automatically starting a servlet on Tomcat

Hello,

I looked through the digests but didn't find the answer to how you
automatically start a servlet when you start Tomcat (3.0).  I need to do
this to bring up the database connection pool for Turbine.

TIA,

Shawn Mahler
NetComputing.Inc

Re: automatically starting a servlet on Tomcat

Posted by Roy Truelove <ro...@binghamton.edu>.
By automatically starting a servlet I'm guessing that you mean load on
startup.. to do that you have to add to your webapp's context a
LoadOnStartup = 1 tag.. The syntax for this is not exact, but you can check
either the FAQ or the specs for the right syntax.

-Roy

Posted by jon * <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 5/3/2000 6:27 PM, Shawn Mahler <sh...@verdi.netcomputing.com> wrote:

> I looked through the digests but didn't find the answer to how you
> automatically start a servlet when you start Tomcat (3.0).  I need to do
> this to bring up the database connection pool for Turbine.
>
> TIA,

This doesn't answer your question, but you don't need to do that in order to