Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Karthik Manimaran <mk...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/07 22:29:13 UTC

Maven Javadoc plugin

Hi,

I am generating Javadoc for a J2EE project using the Javadoc plugin. Is
there a way to generate the Javadocs for all the modules in the ear
(ejb-jars, utility jars etc) as a single javadoc at some specified
folder/location. Currently the javadocs get generated in the target folder
of each project/module.

Thanks and regards,
Karthik.

Re: Maven Javadoc plugin

Posted by Karthik Manimaran <mk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks. Looks like multidoc isnt available for download. However I came
across ashkelon which does the same. There is a Maven ashkelon plugin too.
However when I get the following error when I try to use that plugin (and
PMD plugin too)

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'ashkelon'.
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-report
-parent/2.0-alpha-1/maven-report-parent-2.0-alpha-1.pom
[INFO]
---
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
---

Project ID: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-report-parent

Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-report-parent'
fro
m the repository: Error transferring file
  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-report-parent:2.0-alpha-1:pom

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

I dont see jar in
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/plugins/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-report-parent/2.0-alpha-3/
that
I can download and install.

Does it mean that this plugin an PMD plugin dont work in Maven2 yet? If they
do where am I going wrong?

Thanks and regards,
Karthik.

Re: Maven Javadoc plugin

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Maybe this would help

http://multidoc.osjava.org/

On 12/8/05, Karthik Manimaran <mk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am generating Javadoc for a J2EE project using the Javadoc plugin. Is
> there a way to generate the Javadocs for all the modules in the ear
> (ejb-jars, utility jars etc) as a single javadoc at some specified
> folder/location. Currently the javadocs get generated in the target folder
> of each project/module.
>
> Thanks and regards,
> Karthik.

Bernard Shaw