Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com> on 2002/08/30 19:57:35 UTC

Infinite redirect

Hi,

On rare occasions, I get the following error message in my log

[Thu Aug 29 21:40:08 PDT 2002] -- ERROR -- Infinite redirect detected...
[Thu Aug 29 21:40:08 PDT 2002] -- ERROR -- Turbine.handleException: Infinite
redirect detected...
[Thu Aug 29 21:40:08 PDT 2002] -- ERROR --
        Exception:  java.lang.Exception: Infinite redirect detected...
        Stack Trace follows:
        java.lang.Exception: Infinite redirect detected...
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java:416)

Where is this generated? Searching the source code for "Infinite redirect"
doesn't produce anything.  Reading the doGet routine isn't very helpful, either.

I suspect this is related to a couple of other oddities in my Turbine system,
namely that when a user times out, then clicks a form button (sending an
action) the user is sent to a generic IE page "Access Forbidden" instead of
redirected to the login page.  In addition, the data and user object appear to
be null (causing additional errors) right after this is generated.

Any pointers would be appreciated.  If the user is getting some type of generic
error message I want to catch this and handle it in a more user-friendly
fashion.

WILL

Re: Infinite redirect - ignore msg

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Hi,

Never mind.  I'm using an out-of-date Turbine but was searching more recent
source code.  Probably time to update.  Found a description of the issue here.

http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-dev%40jakarta.apache.org/msg03660.html

Apologies for not searching a bit more thoroughly before posting.  Hope
everyone has a great labor day weekend.

WILL