Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Alan White <al...@whitemail.net> on 2019/03/03 00:53:29 UTC

NPE SVGDOMImplementation

Hi,

Getting an NPE as follows:

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/batik/dom/svg/SVGDOMImplementation
                                       at
org.apache.fop.svg.AbstractFOPTranscoder.(AbstractFOPTranscoder.java:71)

                    at
org.apache.fop.svg.PDFTranscoder.(PDFTranscoder.java:88)

                      at
org.whiteware.score.file.ScorePDFWriter.scoreWriteFilePDF(ScorePDFWriter.java:91)

I note that the doc has SVGDOMImplementation living in the anim jar as
org.apache.batik.anim.dom.SVGDOMImplementation, and not
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SVGDOMImplementation.

As you can see it's being sought by the fop PDF transcoder, I have the
following jars in the classpath

avalon-framework-api-4.3.1.jar

batik-awt-util-1.11.jar

batik-dom-1.11.jar

batik-svggen-1.11.jar

batik-util-1.11.jar

xmlgraphics-commons-2.3.jar
batik-anim-1.11.jarbatik-constants-1.11.jarbatik-i18n-1.11.jarbatik-transcoder-1.11.jar

fop-2.3.jar

I saw the stackoverflow post saying at batik 1.8 it moved to anim, but why
would something still be referencing it by it's old name, I've got the
complete batik 1.11 and fop 2.3 here.

Thanks
Alan

Resolved: NPE SVGDOMImplementation

Posted by Alan White <al...@whitemail.net>.
Errors in a build script were pulling in old versions of fop.

Alan White
alan@whitemail.net