Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Pol Hallen <ap...@fuckaround.org> on 2013/10/10 15:31:53 UTC

[users@httpd] AllowOverride

Hello to all :-)

I've done a long search on internet but I've some troubles about the
setting of "AllowOverride" (obviously I also read
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#allowoverride)

i.e.

<Directory /var/www/>
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        allow from all
</Directory>

With AllowOverride setted to none, .htaccess has ignored.

For instance, if I'll want permit the use of .htaccess only about
mod_rewrite or only about ErrorDocument

What should I do?

Allowoverride options=ErrorDocument Rewritebase

Please, can someone help me to understand how set that?

thanks

Pol

Re: [users@httpd] AllowOverride

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
2.4 has this: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#allowoverridelist

On Sun, Oct 13, 2013 at 1:55 AM, Toomas Aas <to...@raad.tartu.ee> wrote:
> Hello Pol!
>

>> <Directory /var/www/>
>>         Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>>         AllowOverride None
>>         Order allow,deny
>>         allow from all
>> </Directory>
>>
>> With AllowOverride setted to none, .htaccess has ignored.
>>
>> For instance, if I'll want permit the use of .htaccess only about
>> mod_rewrite or only about ErrorDocument
>>
>> What should I do?
>>
>> Allowoverride options=ErrorDocument Rewritebase
>

> AFAIK there is no way to allow *only* the specific configuration directives.
> Each directive has some Override category which you will need to allow, but
> it will also allow other directives in the same category. For example if you
> look at the manual page of RewriteCond
> (http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewritecond) you'll
> see that it has the Override setting of FileInfo, meaning that to enable
> usage of this setting in .htaccess you'll need to specify AllowOverride
> FileInfo, but then you also allow all other directives that have Override
> setting of FileInfo.
>
> HTH,
> --
> Toomas Aas