Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Sri Ganesh V <vs...@yahoo.co.in> on 2017/05/19 09:48:42 UTC

Memory Usage - OFFHEAP_TIERED Cache Memory Mode

Hi ,

We have a 3 node ignite cluster and have configured cache in OFFHEAP_TIERED
memory mode with 2 back-ups.
All the caches are configured as PARTITIONED cache. There are ~90 caches
configured.

Once all the cache is loaded, we collect cache stats from Ignite Visor
console : 'cache -a'.

*CLARIFICATION NEEDED:*
When we sum up the off-heap memory of all the caches , we see the memory
consumption to be 13 GB.
But when we check the OS(LINUX) memory using 'free' command , we see 40GB
memory is used up.

*Note* : Only Ignite process runs in the VM.

It would be really great if some insight is provided on the difference that
we see.

Thanks
Sri Ganesh V

Re: Memory Usage - OFFHEAP_TIERED Cache Memory Mode

Posted by vdpyatkov <vl...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

VisorCmd shows avarage value of some first cache rows, after multiplies over
all elements count. It does not got exact cache size, only estimate.
Furthermore in a latest Ignite version 2.0, work with memory radically
changed[1] and to make estimation by elements does not possible.

If you sow another value by linux utility (ps, top e.t.c) it more right.

[1]: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/page-memory