Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Brian Lalor <bl...@bravo5.org> on 2005/03/01 14:26:48 UTC

storing permissions in svn

After reading Joey Hess' article on keeping your home directory in
subversion, I started tinkering with doing that myself.  One issue that
came up was keeping the permissions set the way I wanted them.  I wrote
a script to store permissions as a property in svn and did a quick
write-up in my blog.

http://telly.bravo5.org/blojsom/blog/2005/03/01/
versioning_permissions_with_subversion.txt

    __   ____
   / /  / __/ Brian Lalor
  / _ \/__ \  blalor@bravo5.org
/_.__/____/  http://bravo5.org/

Re: storing permissions in svn

Posted by Dirk Schenkewitz <sc...@docomolab-euro.com>.
Hi Brian,

Brian Lalor wrote:
> After reading Joey Hess' article on keeping your home directory in
> subversion, I started tinkering with doing that myself.  One issue that
> came up was keeping the permissions set the way I wanted them.  I wrote
> a script to store permissions as a property in svn and did a quick
> write-up in my blog.
>
> http://telly.bravo5.org/blojsom/blog/2005/03/01/
> versioning_permissions_with_subversion.txt

Very interesting. Especially that about user+group... I think I have some
use for it... :-)

A quick "Thanx!!" for this, even though I have not yet fully understood
the script.

Have fun
   Dirk