Posted to dev@tika.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2008/01/16 08:16:01 UTC

Tika logo, another try?

Hi,

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-108, we have a logo
that would be usable, but I'm wondering if we should ask another
student to try, in order to have more choice.

I could create another GHOP task if people agree, asking for another
logo design. Students can claim tasks until the 22nd, and have to
finish before February 4th which is the end of the program.

What do you think - shall we ask for another design?

-Bertrand

Re: Tika logo, another try?

Posted by Rida Benjelloun <ri...@doculibre.com>.
Hi Bertrand,
+1 for asking for another logo design.
Regards.
Rida.

Re: Tika logo, another try?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Jan 16, 2008 8:16 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> wrote:

> ...I could create another GHOP task if people agree...

I've done that at
http://code.google.com/p/google-highly-open-participation-asf/issues/detail?id=55

-Bertrand

Re: Tika logo, another try?

Posted by Jérôme Charron <je...@shopreflex.com>.
I think the existing proposal is not as funny as nutch or hadoop logos.
I'm not a good designer so I cannot draw anything but just give some
ideas... sorry.
For instance, what about a bee that butine the <tika> logo with a flower on
the i point ?
Or some ants "building" the <tika> logo ?

+1 for some new proposals.

Jérôme

--
Jérôme Charron