Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Milind Vaidya <ka...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/13 00:09:22 UTC

Error while using Avro Pig and Hcat

I am getting following error while executing the pig script.

org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.FrontendException: ERROR 1066: Unable to
open iterator for alias eventData. Backend error : Unable to recreate
exception from backed error: Error:
org.codehaus.jackson.JsonFactory.enable(Lorg/codehaus/jackson/JsonParser$Feature;)Lorg/codehaus/jackson/JsonFactory;

The script I am using is

AvroDataDumpFromTable.pig

register /home/y/libexec/hive/lib/hcatalog.jar;
register /home/y/libexec/hive/lib/hive-metastore.jar;
register /homes/immilind/avro-1.7.2.jar;
register /homes/immilind/avro-mapred-1.7.2.jar;
register /homes/immilind/haivvreo-1.0.12-avro15-hive81-SNAPSHOT.jar;

eventData = load 'serdetestdb.employee_table' using
org.apache.hcatalog.pig.HCatLoader();
dump eventData;

Table Creation Hive Script

USE  SerDeTestDB;

CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE SerDeTestDB.employee_table

PARTITIONED BY (schema_def string, gen_time string, arr_time string)

ROW FORMAT SERDE 'com.linkedin.haivvreo.AvroSerDe'

WITH SERDEPROPERTIES (
    'schema.literal' = '{
        "type" : "record",
        "name" : "employee",
        "fields":[
            {"name" : "name", "type" : "string", "default" : "NU"},
            {"name" : "age", "type" : "int", "default" : 0 },
            {"name" : "dept", "type": "string", "default" : "DU"}
        ]
    }'
)

STORED AS INPUTFORMAT 'com.linkedin.haivvreo.AvroContainerInputFormat'
OUTPUTFORMAT 'com.linkedin.haivvreo.AvroContainerOutputFormat'
LOCATION '/user/immilind/AvroHcatTest';

A partition is registered with this table and it contains a file with
serialized data using the above schema. The serialized file is correct as I
tried de serializing the data using the same files which worked fine.

Any clue what is going wrong ?

Thanks

Re: Error while using Avro Pig and Hcat

Posted by Russell Jurney <ru...@gmail.com>.
Milind, FWIW, what you're doing is really cool!

Russell Jurney http://datasyndrome.com

Posted by Cheolsoo Park <ch...@cloudera.com>.