Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by sandyg <ga...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/12 12:05:34 UTC

background merge hit exception

Hi ALL ,
This is the exception raised when  when am indexing the records (I have 10
million records and after indexing 4 million record  i got this exception)

java.io.IOException: background merge hit exception: _8n:c7759352 _8o:c57658
_8p:c55810 into _8q [optimize]

please give me the solution.

Re: background merge hit exception

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Did you see a "caused by" in your stack trace?  Or, a separate
unhandled exception in a thread?  Is this reproducible?

Also, did you have a reader open on the index when you ran the
optimize?  If so, you'd need 2X the index size (eg 20 GB with the
example below) free.

Mike

Posted by sandyg <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi,