Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Mike Perham <Mi...@webifyinc.com> on 2003/07/24 16:20:12 UTC

MIME parts in WSDL

Hi, I'm working with WS-I on Basic Profile 1.1 and trying to figure out
what needs to change in Axis to get attachment support working as
detailed in BP1.1.  Specifically I have a binding with two operations
(see attached WSDL).  I generated java from this WSDL and
getCatalogWithImages works so far - I haven't confirmed conformance of
the SOAP messages but that's not the point of this email.

getProductDetails however is a mess.  It's not generating as a
document/literal with the latest cvs code and I believe this is because
WSDL2Java is confused by the MIME elements.  Can someone give me some
pointers as to which pieces of code I should look at to learn more about
Axis' SAAJ and MIME support in the WSDL generator and in the runtime?

mike

Re: MIME parts in WSDL

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
Mike Perham wrote:

> Hi, I'm working with WS-I on Basic Profile 1.1 and trying to figure out
> what needs to change in Axis to get attachment support working as
> detailed in BP1.1.

cool. What is the BP1.1 stance on attachments theses days? SwA is in?
DIME is in? Are either mandatory?

>Specifically I have a binding with two operations
> (see attached WSDL).  I generated java from this WSDL and
> getCatalogWithImages works so far - I haven't confirmed conformance of
> the SOAP messages but that's not the point of this email.
>
> getProductDetails however is a mess.  It's not generating as a
> document/literal with the latest cvs code and I believe this is because
> WSDL2Java is confused by the MIME elements.  Can someone give me some
> pointers as to which pieces of code I should look at to learn more about
> Axis' S AAJ and MIME support in the WSDL generator and in the runtime?

Runtime? axis.attachments

WSDL import is a different issue; you are probably going to have to look
at wsdl4j, which Axis uses, but doesnt develop.