Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bejoy KS <be...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/07 10:08:18 UTC

Perl Mapper with Java Reducer

Hi
       Is it possible to have my mapper in Perl and reducer in java. In my
existing legacy system some larger process is being handled by Perl and the
business logic of those are really complex. It is a herculean task to
convert all the Perl  to java. But the reducer business logic which is again
pretty complex is handled by the existing system in JAVA. Now I need to
design map reduce reusing the existing code.  Has anyone already implemented
some use cases in the same direction? If so please share the details.

Thank You

Regards
Bejoy.K.S

Re: Perl Mapper with Java Reducer