Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com> on 2017/02/09 03:39:53 UTC

Build failure on Mac OS X with DS_STORE files

Hi,

I’m trying to build master on Mac OS X, following the instructions from the
site linked in the README.md.

My build is failing because the unit test:
testGetURLsForClasspathWithDirectory
in TestClassLoaderUtils.

It is trying to URLs from a directory, and is expecting 2, but gets 3,
because the DS_STORE is detected and has an url built and returned for it.

The test does not pass in a FileNamesFilter, which could be used to filter
these files out I suppose.

I am wondering if anyone is building successfully on Mac OS X?

Re: Build failure on Mac OS X with DS_STORE files

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
Thank you guys!

On February 11, 2017 at 16:44:12, Koji Kawamura (ijokarumawak@gmail.com)
wrote:

Thank you, Aldrin!

Koji

On Feb 12, 2017 4:42 AM, "Aldrin Piri" <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

Koji,

Just as a side note, you must perform a separate grunt deploy from the
nifi-site repository for those changes to show up on the site. I took care
of deploying so they would sync and they seem to be live.

--aldrin

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, Aldrin!

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Koji,

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
OK - I can build with the latest JDK ( except for the DS_Store issue.  So
the problem is that
the getting started page should not just say Java 8, is should have some
version of the JDK that will actually build.

On February 9, 2017 at 19:34:31, Otto Fowler (ottobackwards@gmail.com)
wrote:

I am using 1.8.0_31

I have been able to get a complete good build, but I had to make a few
changes.

On February 9, 2017 at 18:34:48, Koji Kawamura (ijokarumawak@gmail.com)
wrote:

Hi Otto,

Which version of Java are you using?
I remember early version of Java 8 fails to pass the test. Would you
try to update JDK version and build it again?

Thanks,
Koji

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
I am using 1.8.0_31

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
Hi Otto,

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joe Skora <js...@gmail.com>.
Otto,

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
So,

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
Excuse me, I forgot to add a link that I referred on how to create
.DS_Store file.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5064875?start=0&tstart=0

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
Hi Otto,