Posted to dev@libcloud.apache.org by Quentin Pradet <qu...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/27 07:04:07 UTC

[dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 2.3.0

This is a voting thread for Libcloud 2.4.0. It includes all the
changes from trunk which have landed there since v2.3.0.

The most notable change is Python 3.7 support. There is also a new
Scaleway driver, and various improvements, mostly for compute drivers.

Full list of changes can be found at
https://github.com/apache/libcloud/blob/trunk/CHANGES.rst#changes-in-apache-libcloud-240

Release artifacts can be found at
http://people.apache.org/~quentinp/libcloud/2.4.0/

Not sure how to send my GPG key!

Please test the release and post your votes.

+/- 1
[  ]  Release Apache Libcloud 2.4.0

Vote will be open until November 2nd.

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 2.3.0

Posted by Eric Johnson <er...@apache.org>.
Tested GCE driver and looked over some history. Looks good to me.

[+1]  Release Apache Libcloud 2.4.0

Thanks for putting the release together Quentin!

[dev] Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 2.3.0

Posted by Quentin Pradet <qu...@apache.org>.
And the same thing from my Apache email, sorry.

[+1]  Release Apache Libcloud 2.4.0

Posted by Quentin Pradet <qu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rick van de Loo <vd...@apache.org>.

Posted by anthony shaw <an...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tomaz Muraus <to...@apache.org>.
I ran some basic checks and things look OK here.

As far as your public GPG key goes - please export your public key (gpg
--armor --export you@example.com > mykey.asc) you used to sign the release
and email it to me so I can verify signatures of all the artifacts are
valid.

In addition to that, I need to sign it and add it to the KEYS file (
https://www.apache.org/dist/libcloud/KEYS) which is used by the users to
verify the origin and integrity of the releases (this is a blocker for the
release).

[+1] Release Apache Libcloud 2.4.0

Thanks again for working on this release!

P.S. Thread title says "2.3.0" instead of "2.4.0", but this shouldn't be an
issue because "2.4.0" is mentioned in all other places where it matters :)

Posted by Quentin Pradet <qu...@gmail.com>.
Vote passed, thanks everyone for the votes! And thank you for your
tests, Francisco!

[+1] - 5 (3 binding)
[0] - 1
[-1] - 0

I'll try to finalize the release process during the next week.

Re: [dev] [VOTE] Release Apache Libcloud 2.3.0

Posted by Francisco Ros <fj...@moss.sh>.
Hi everyone,

FYI we’ve updated our application with 2.4.0-tentative and everything seems to be working :D
In particular, we’ve tested compute drivers for DigitalOcean, EC2, GCE, and Vultr.

[+1] Release Apache Libcloud 2.4.0

Thanks!
—
Francisco Ros