Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2017/04/11 01:49:25 UTC

master branch has had the 'parrot' branch merged

Hi all,

I merged the parrot branch into master. All the tests pass.

I'll split off the GROOVY_2_6_X branch next week (the idea of that branch
is outlined in earlier emails) and merge in the parrot backport before
bumping master to jdk8.

Daniel, we'll need to do some re-work wrt to the zips in:
subprojects/groovy-parser-antlr4/src/test/resources

We can't have those zips embedded within the src zip we use for
distribution (Apache policy). Rat currently doesn't check that subproject.
It seems useful to still have those tests though, so we need to (logically
at least) "move them off to the side" somehow. Several ways we can do it. I
can assist next week when I get back from holidays if you don't have any
luck in the meantime.

Cheers, Paul.

Re: master branch has had the 'parrot' branch merged

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
I should probably add that the GROOVY_2_6_X branch has had the backport
merged and 2.6.0-snapshot versions are available in the snapshot repos for
anyone wanting to play with the new parser on JDK7. Please try to keep that
branch up to date whenever you commit something on master.

Thanks, Paul.

Posted by Graeme Rocher <gr...@gmail.com>.
Fantastic work guys

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 7:03 PM, Daniel Sun <re...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
>       We can place these zip files in some site and make gradle download
> them before testing.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel.Sun

Graeme Rocher

Re: master branch has had the 'parrot' branch merged

Posted by Daniel Sun <re...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

      Thanks for your setting aside some time to merge parrot into mater
when you are still on holidays.

      If I got your words, zip files containing other project source code
should be excluded in the source distribution, right?

       When Groovy 3 is applied by these projects, the related tests can be
removed totally :)

Cheers,
Daniel.Sun

Re: master branch has had the 'parrot' branch merged

Posted by Mario Garcia <ma...@gmail.com>.
Great news :)

Great work guys!!