Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Arun <ar...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/09 14:36:38 UTC

Junk Mail problem on intranet application

Hi,

I have struts2/spring/JPA/hibernate HR application.
I am sending mails using Spring's helper.
My app is sending out an email which contans a url which points to my app
http://10.201.0.18:8080/myapp.
And which ever mail this contains the url is getting into junk mail folder
of outlook.
Is there any way I can avoid it.?
I am using our local exchange server.

--
Thanks
Arun George

Re: Junk Mail problem on intranet application

Posted by Steve Ochani <oc...@ncc.edu>.
Date sent:	Mon, 09 Jun 2008 18:06:38 +0530
From:	Arun <ar...@gmail.com>
Subject:	Junk Mail problem on intranet application
To:	Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>
Send reply to:	Tomcat Users List <us...@tomcat.apache.org>

> Hi,
>
> I have struts2/spring/JPA/hibernate HR application.
> I am sending mails using Spring's helper.
> My app is sending out an email which contans a url which points to my
> app http://10.201.0.18:8080/myapp. And which ever mail this contains
> the url is getting into junk mail folder of outlook. Is there any way
> I can avoid it.? I am using our local exchange server.

This has nothing to do with Tomcat.

I would ask on a MS Exchange or outlook forum/mailing list.

My guess is that your url has an ip address instead of a hostname that is why exchange or
outlook is flagging it as spam. So configure whichever one is flagging it as spam to not flag
mails coming from your tomcat server as spam.

-Steve O.

Steve O.
http://www.steveo.us

B17G WWII Bomber "Yankee Lady" Flight
http://www.steveo.us/b17ride

Re: Junk Mail problem on intranet application

Posted by Arun <ar...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I will check the filter what it does
Thanks for the comments.

Posted by Len Popp <le...@gmail.com>.