Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by "Fielder, Todd Patrick" <tp...@sandia.gov> on 2015/06/04 23:27:42 UTC

multi valued facets

I am trying to add a facet for which each document can have multiple values, but am receiving the following exception:
dimension "Role Name" is not multiValued, but it appears more than once in this document

How do I create a MultiValued Facet?

Thanks in advance

Re: multi valued facets

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Set the field to multiValued="true" in your schema.  How'd you manage to
: get multiple values in there without an indexing error?  An existing
: index built with Lucene directly?

Erik: this isn't a Solr question -- the error message mentioned comes from
the lucene/facets FacetsConfig class.

: > I am trying to add a facet for which each document can have multiple values, but am receiving the following exception:
: > dimension "Role Name" is not multiValued, but it appears more than once in this document
: >
: > How do I create a MultiValued Facet?

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

Re: multi valued facets

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: multi valued facets

Posted by Matt Hallman <ma...@jorsek.com>.
Hello,
You must set the field name as multi-valued with the FacetsConfig
<http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_9_0/facet/org/apache/lucene/facet/FacetsConfig.html>
.
FacetsConfig facetsConfig = new FacetsConfig();
facetsConfig.setMultiValued("fieldName", true);
Then you can call:
facetsConfig.build(luceneDoc);
This returns a Document that you can store with your IndexWriter.