Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by uwe schaefer <u....@image-transfer.de> on 2005/06/30 15:05:39 UTC

[mina] TCP Socket reuse ?

hi

i´m currently looking for a low-level communication framework that makes
the reuse of tcp sockets possible because we have a custom RPC system that
tends to create many TCP sockets in a short time.

is mina capable to do this ?

cu uwe
__________________________________
Image Transfer GmbH
Internet  |  Design  |  Software

Zindelstraße 12  |  45128 Essen
Tel: 02 01-87 22 8-0  |  Fax: 02 01-87 22 8-72
http://www.image-transfer.de

Re: [mina] TCP Socket reuse ?

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Le jeudi 30 juin 2005 à 15:05 +0200, uwe schaefer a écrit :
> hi
>
> i´m currently looking for a low-level communication framework that makes
> the reuse of tcp sockets possible because we have a custom RPC system that
> tends to create many TCP sockets in a short time.
>
> is mina capable to do this ?
Hi
Yes it's possible, the performance for socket creation is very
acceptable, you should try a simple loop benchmark.

Julien