Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by markh <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2015/08/07 18:46:01 UTC

Prioritizing BooleanQueries to Improve Performance

If I have a BooleanQuery which has two subqueries, one fast, one slow

(fastQuery) && (slowQuery)

Is there a way to tell Lucene to execute the fastQuery first so it can
potentially skip the slowQuery if there are no results from the fastQuery?

I don't think making the slow query a filter (Occur.Filter) will do the
trick if I have a complex expression.

I am using Lucene 5.2.

Thanks!